This is why common core standards are igniting education.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Staller, Allan
Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 5:46 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Sorry state of IT education?

Not just IT. The entire education system from k-12 through bachelor's degree...

Al Staller | Z Systems Programmer | KBM Group | (Tel) 972 664-3565 |
allan.stal...@kbmg.com

<snip>
Not too surprising to me. I imagine this is the norm for today because a well
educated, intelligent, worker costs a lot more than a preprogrammed drone.

http://www.informationweek.com/strategic-cio/executive-insights-and-innovation/the-sorry-state-of-it-education/d/d-id/1204552

<quote>

Our profession is rife with people capable of performing procedures they've
been taught, but incapable of thinking through a problem. Here's what we need
to do.

</quote>
</snip>