From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Jon Butler
Sent: Tuesday, May 06, 2014 2:15 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: REXX EDIT of Source Code

I have a problem where I need to Edit/view source code to vet it for compliance
to corporate standards.  It may be COBOL, PL/I, etc.  I have the following in
one Exec

ADDRESS ISPEXEC "VIEW DATASET ('"my_pdse_member"') MACRO(my_macro)

and in my_macro, where I do the vetting, I have the following

ADDRESS ISREDIT 'MACRO'

I've tried "NUMOFF" "BOUNDS = 1,80" but the problem remains that the first six
characters of the member I'm trying to edit are always blanked out.  I'm
guessing the VIEW/EDIT is using them to sequence its working dataset.  Not too
bad for COBOL source, but a bummer for PL/I or assembler.

Any advice as to how I can get all 80 bytes of the source code?

Thanks in advance.

Jon Butler