"NUM OFF" should display the full 80 bytes with the numbers (if they were there
in the first place). It should not blank them.

Were there line numbers in the first place or were they blank to start with?

Try using the commands manually rather than in the exec. Use PF10/PF11 to
display the line number columns before you issue NUM OFF. Do the line numbers
disappear?

Why are you bothering with "NUM OFF" and bounds? ISREDIT (XX) = LINE 1 is
unaffected by those commands.

Be aware that the low level qualifier sets the edit profile and previous
setting may have been retained. E.g. first view/edit works fine but the second
is already in UNNUM mode.

There is an ISPF listserv that is probably more relevant, so you may want to
ask there.

Jon Perryman

You tried "NUM OFF", what about "NONUMBER"?