From:   Bob Shannon <bshan...@rocketsoftware.com>
To:     IBM-MAIN@listserv.ua.edu
Date:   08/05/2014 13:55
Subject:        Re: Mainframe (in general) running at 100% not always a
bad thing
Sent by:        IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@listserv.ua.edu>

I used to work at an insurance company that refused to add capacity. When
we ran quarterly processing, later changed to monthly processing, the
machine was pegged for a day or two. We couldn't do any testing because
production sucked up all of the resources.  The processor and software
continued to work fine during that period, it was only test work that
suffered.

Bob Shannon
Rocket Software

Unless stated otherwise above: