Kurt,
Hope you were able to find someone to maintain your 3590-B11's and A50
controller.  If you did, would you mind sharing who you made arrangements with
for continued HW support?

Earlier this year I upgraded my 3590-B11's and A50 controllers to 3590-E11's
and A60 controllers as I was aware that IBM would no longer maintain B11's and
A50's as of July 1, 2014.  I did so with thinking that the 'newer' models would
continue to be maintained for at least a few more years as there are more
E11/E1A and H11/H1A drives still in use, as opposed to B11 drives.

Unfortunately, IBM Withdrawal Announcement 914-145, dated July 15, 2014, will
require me to revisit the issue of HW maintenance support for my 3590-E11
drives and A60 controllers.

914-145 states:
IBM will withdraw from its lease, rental, and maintenance agreements the machine
types and models listed below, effective January 31, 2015.  (Only 6 months 2
weeks notice!)
3590-E11
3590-E1A
3590-H11