Correct, but there are implications.
It has to do with whether the allocations were dynamically created or not, and
whether you will be de-concatenating them or not. That's why I keep telling the
OP to locate a copy of the MVS Authorized Assembler Services Guide and read
Chapter 26. Requesting dynamic allocation functions. There's some implications
of what happens to datasets and concatenation groups that have the permanent
attribute, for example, that need to be known before you go and slap DDNames
into a single concatenation group.

I'm sort of think that the OP is writing something for use under TSO/ISPF
because of his query about STEPLIB, TASKLIB and ISPLLIB, which then implies
that he may need to preserve a concatenation group, like STEPLIB, before he
adds to it so that when his program terminates he can put it back like it was.

C-

Charles (Chuck) Hardee
Senior Systems Engineer/Database Administration
CCG Information Technology
Thermo Fisher Scientific
300 Industry Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15275