On Tue, 23 Sep 2014 13:21:24 -0700, Ed Jaffe wrote:

>FWIW, I have a feeling that many (most?) customers don't analyze SVC
>dumps often if ever; they have no opinion one way or the other about the
>necessity of RGN. :( IBM or an ISV will likely provide an SDATA= string
>for any dump they request, so the defaults really don't matter to them...

I'm more inclined to agree with your original sentiment.
It's the first (only ?) dump that you *really* want to have all the relevant
data. Often you never get another, as good, an opportunity.
I always go through the defaults real careful at any site I visit. Peter may
not want/need RGN, I always will if I'm tossed a dump to look at.

Shane ...