Hey Steve,

Your recommendation for defining binary data items and using TRUNC(OPT) does
not make the following truncate with COBOL standard rules:

01  sixteen-pd                pic 9(16) packed-decimal.

01  binaries                  usage binary.
    05  bin-var-1             pic s99.
    05  bin-var-2             pic 9(6).
    05  bin-var-3             pic s9(4).
    05  bin-var-4             pic s9(9).