From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Cobe Xu
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2014 10:20 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: HCD Question

Hi list,

Nowadays, I think most of IODF changes can be dynamic activated and take
effective to all Lpars within CPC. i.e. No POR

My case is to re-config 2 FC channels from DASD box to a new Tape box.
Also, add new CU/device for the TAPE box.

However, when I perform h/w Activate from one lpar with new IODF, and SOFT
activate in every LPAR... I still got s/w & h/w HSA token in-sync.. And, the
re-configured 2 FCs are not able to ONLINE porperly with the attached devices...

I wonder if I miss some operations? or actually POR is necessary for such
case.... ?

Thanks!
-
Cobe Xu