Thanks, AL.

I did read the manual, but unfortunately the description of PRCNTLIM is rather fuzzy (at least to me).

It is NOT a percentage of capacity, it is a TIME based calculation,
as in;not how much CP it is using, but how LONG it has been.

It is a percentage value that is to be specified. "How LONG..." would be a time value.

I imagine SLIP code somehow keeps track of how long it is active (processing PER events) and how long it is inactive (not processing PER events). This ratio is a percentage of time.

I assume SLIP code runs disabled. So on an LPAR with only one CP, time is equally CPU time as well as wall clock time. (Can a logical CP running in disabled state become nondispatched by LPAR code?)

If the LPAR has more than one CP, the HW might signal a PER event on more than one CP simultaneously. SLIP code would run on multiple CPs in parallel, probably serialized (true?). Either way, it would use CP capacity on each of the CPs. This is way I'm thinking PRCNTLIM is an
LPAR capacity percentage.

Since all of the above could be wrong (I'm only making assumptions, after all), it may well work completely different. I'm curious to understand this better. That's why I was asking.

--
Peter Hunkeler