On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 8:18 AM, Kirk Wolf <k...@dovetail.com> wrote:

> I don't disagree that the TZ default for z/OS Unix should be derived from
> the z/OS TIMEZONE offset.
>
> But the RFE that I submitted is about more than setting TZ - it is about
> having dubbed processes inherit their environment variables from the init
> process.   Also, read the RFE and you will see that the suggestion is that
> there be a system and user OMVS segment level option to control whether
> blind dubbed processes should inherit their environment or not.
>
> Kirk Wolf
> Dovetailed Technologies
> http://dovetail.com

​OK, I _finally_ actually read the RFE and voted for it. I am still
wondering will be the overriding source of UNIX environment variables: the
/etc/init.options​ file or the ENVAR set in LE. And, just to be contrary
<grin>: Should "blind dubbed" processes inherit the environment variables
from the running BPXOINIT or by reading & interpreting /etc/init.options.
Well, I guess that is an "implementation detail" for IBM to determine.

--
The temperature of the aqueous content of an unremittingly ogled
culinary vessel will not achieve 100 degrees on the Celsius scale.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown