On Mon, 3 Nov 2014 17:18:55 -0600, Barry Merrill wrote:

>I'm totally confused.  Why would it NOT be better to have a User Return Code
>that
>explains the single 0C1 or 0C4 (of which I've had so many, they are Oh-Chuck4's
>instead of the more formal Oh-Charlie4) or OC7 value.   How is that less
>useful?

Great in theory.
If an LE dump helps the developer(s) I'm all in favour.
But if they follow the IBM mantra of "go talk to the the sysprog" - and it
happens to be me - they bloody-well better have a binary dump that is *real*
close to the original abend.
Period.
Else they are doing their own diagnosis.

Shane ...