Mike Wawiorko wrote:

>Logon to TSO is an SNA session and not a (direct) IP connection. It may or may
>not be from a tn3270 connection. If it is tn3270 the IP connection may well be
>to another system and via a multi-session tool like TPX, Supersession, Tubes,
>Multsess etc. where is the IP address and on which system?

I know. Thanks for highlighting this.

>As well as NAT many sites have a thin client with tn3270 on Citrix. Makes any
>attempt to deal with DoS or userid/password misuse on the TSO system by
>blocking an IP address futile and probably likely to block genuine users in
>many configurations.

Indeed. This is why I said things can get *interesting* ...

And it is not only TSO, but also with DoS attack with scripted FTP jobs...

We got a victim who used a machine infected with a keystroke device. That
victim could not use his usual id, since that will get repeately revoked via a
hidden FTP script. They resolved it by formatting the PC and destroyed that
device.

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht