Philip is larger than life and very into himself. He's keynoting at SHARE. Come
see him in person.

Charles

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Tony's Basement Computer
Sent: Monday, January 05, 2015 8:57 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Enumerating User IDs (was: CANCEL TSO Logon?)

Back years ago I worked at a Top Secret shop.  That product wrote a console
message when a log on attempt has occurred that specified an unknown user.
Sadly, what was usually seen was a password.  It's been years since I was in
that business so I don't know if that display is a configurable option.

Sidebar:  I watched video and I found it dismaying.  The presenter spoke in
demeaning tone of the traditional terminology to which we are all familiar
which I found insulting.  I felt he acted proud that *his* technology was
superior because *his* terms are more "current", thus better. I felt he made
some assumptions in his presentation that would lead the uninitiated to believe
that these exposures exist in all cases and in all environments. Stipulating
that a deficiently configured z/OS-RACF (or TS or ACF2) shop could present
these opportunities, I feel he should have made this disclaimer at the outset.
Had he done so I might have taken him more seriously.