On 2/20/2015 11:44 AM, Shmuel Metz , Seymour J. wrote:
In <54e743c9.9010...@rochester.rr.com>, on 02/20/2015
    at 09:25 AM, Thomas Conley <pinnc...@rochester.rr.com> said:

After reading this technote, all I can say is "Just....wow".
Instead of CA creating an option or a command to refresh the
security profiles  (that would involve CODING, can't do that), we
have to hack a zap into  an SMP/E maintained module without a
usermod, then remember to rehack it  every time we apply
maintenance.  No wonder people complain about how  difficult it is
to maintain mainframe software.

How does a poor maintenance policy at one vendor translate into a
blanket condemnation of mainframe software?

Shmuel,

This is just one example of many. And considering how widespread CA-7 is in the marketplace, a particularly egregious one, IMNSHO. I've also worked for and with software vendors to reduce/eliminate downtime issues, so this one hits close to home for me.

Regards,
Tom Conley