From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On
Behalf Of Nims,Alva John (Al)
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2015 3:31 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Delete all members from PDS with symbolic in name?

There a couple of programs on the CBTTAPE (cbttape.org) that can empty a PDS
or PDSe.  As stated, the PDS command can also be used.

Using IEFBR14, you can a little simpler than what you specified.

//DELETE EXEC PGM=IEFBR14
//DELETE   DD  DISP=(MOD,DELETE),SPACE=(TRK,(0)),
//               DSN=FOO.&FMID..LOAD
//ALLOC  EXEC PGM=IEFBR14
//NEW     DD  DISP=(NEW,CATLG,DELETE),....................
//           DSN=FOO.&FMID..LOAD

Al Nims
Systems Admin/Programmer 3
Information Technology