edgould1...@comcast.net (Ed Gould) wrote:
<snip>
PSF didn't become available about the 1992 (or there abouts).

As I installed PSF in the 1980's, when APA print was fairly new, I was surprised enough by this statement to look it up.

PSF V1 (5665-275) was made available "just in time for Christmas" in 1984 (21 December). 1.1 came out in 1985, 1.2 in 1988, and 1.3 in 1989. PSF V1 was withdrawn from service in 1992, having been supplanted by PSF V2. PSF V1 ran on MVS on 168s and 158s, and later processors (43xx) when originally announced.

The current release, available since about this time last year, is PSF V4.5 (5655-M32).

Incidentally, PSF's SMF6 records have more content these days, some of which was added to make SMF-based accounting easier. Also, PSF 4.5 can be installed separately in its own SMP/E zones (it used to be necessary to install it in the z/OS zones) and it supports enable/disable via IFAPRDxx.

--
John Eells
z/OS Technical Marketing