Hello Koehler-san,

Thank you for telling me DFSORT helpline.
As your suggested, I have sent the question to them.

> Also, you could probably do this in REXX.

Yes, I already have written a REXX EXEC to do this.
If number of the records to be processed is huge, the REXX EXEC (about 20
lines of the code) will consume more and more CPU time and will take longer
elapsed time than DFSORT.    ;-)

Usually our customers in Japan don't like to do coding by language such as
REXX for doing this kind of small(?) things.
On the other hand, they accept to make "control cards" jobs such as DFSORT,
IDCAMS,  and other utilities.
I don't know the reason.

Thank you!

Minoru Massaki - (M*M)