Shane Ginnane wrote:

>>What do you mean by 'alter'? What are you trying to solve?

>What's the matter Elardus - you worried about them auditors of yours falling
>off their perches if they do a web search and find out SMF records can be
>intercepted ?.

Well, it is not my dog, but as user of zSecure I find the OP statements
somewhat strange.

Oh, my auditors already fell of their *precious perches* after they were
informed that SMF can be intercepted and modified on the fly or on the records.
Too bad for them. They can search the web for confirmation.

They also nearly died when I told them you can do that same thing with audit
records on other platforms. Think hex-editors.

At least they understand you firstly need to protect the sources/data and you
then need to trust the custodians of the sources/data. After that, you can then
[optionally] protect the tools/method/program.

>This list gets scary sometimes don't it.

Yes, I sometimes wish I could turn all those lists off and get a nice rest. ;-)

About nice rest, APOD is 20 years young today! Look at this site for a nice
read-up.

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht