From:   R Hey <000000bb27d4e6cb-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu>
To:     IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Date:   07/07/2015 05:54
Subject:        Re: PAGE DS 30% same-size
Sent by:        IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>

Just found Ron's post from 2010

Subject:Re: PAGE datasets -- few large or more small

....from Greg Dyck  ...

                                 - Individual local page datasets should
not exceed 30% (or
25% if you choose) utilization because the contigious slot allocation
algorithm becomes inefficient/unsuccessful for that dataset.  The
utilization% at a total paging subsystem level is irrelevent with respect
the algorithms.

                                 - All local page datasets should be the
same size (or close
to it in slots) and device type because of ASMs round robin allocation
algorithm.  If one page dataset has 12000 slots and another has 24000 the
utilization% on the second will be about 1/2 of the first.

cheers

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.