Kees:  I, too, found that a simple SuperC of even the DCollect output wasn't
helpful because it requires comparison at the byte level.  That loses which
record the delta is from since SuperC only reports the byte offset from the
beginning of the file.  (or, at least, *I* don't know how to retain the record#
with SuperC;  I haven't pursued it.)

Do you have SAS available?  If so, I have a crude SuperC-esque routine that I
cobbled together for the very same reason which uses the DCollect output.  It
won't tell you the SMS fields that changed but, rather, columns with deltas
plus new/old values.  That, combined with the IdcAms manual appendix on
DCollect record layouts, you can manually review where changes occur and
investigate further.

The SAS is 344 lines which expects sorted DCollect records from the two
different SCDS's.  I've built JCL in a buncha (10) pieces since I have 2 levels
of staging beyond the active and can compare any 2 of three in a pass.  I do no
editing with simple job submission for the pair that I want.

Again, it's crude but slightly better than visually comparing ISMF screens.
(which I *have* done before when I knew there were only a few deltas)

Send me a private e-mail & I'll cobble together an xMit file for you.

ps.  for some reason, I get small deltas in the 'un-used' fields between two
seemingly identical SCDS's.  A curiosity for sure but small noise otherwise.

-------->  signature = 6 lines follows  <--------
Neil Duffee, Joe Sysprog, uOttawa, Ottawa, Ont, Canada
telephone:1 613 562 5800 x4585                  fax:1 613 562 5161
mailto:NDuffee of uOttawa.ca     http:/ /aix1.uOttawa.ca/ ~nduffee
"How *do* you plan for something like that?"  Guardian Bob, Reboot
"For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."
"Systems Programming: Guilty, until proven innocent"  John Norgauer 2004