>>> On 8/18/2015 at 06:26 PM, Robert Harrison <robert.harri...@omes.ok.gov>
>>> wrote:

> From technologyreview.com:
>
> http://www.technologyreview.com/news/540011/mainframe-computers-that-handle-
> our-most-sensitive-data-are-open-to-internet-attacks/

It's fun to read the comments on that article, denying that there's any sort of
"real" security problem.  They're just:
- Site configuration issues.
- Taken care of by "the hardware"
- Not a problem, I've never had a breach on my system.

That's a small subset of the litany Mark Wilson receives from just about every
customer right before he breaches their z/OS system.  To be fair, the first
bullet "configuration issue" is pretty accurate.  A lot of the things talked
about were the result of things not being set up 100% tight.  The problem is
that the environments are so complex, and involve so many different people or
groups, it's nearly impossible to nail down everything correctly.  His, and
Phil Young's, main message is "simply denying a problem exists won't protect
you.  You have to check, and re-check, and re-check, and ..."

Mark Post