I'm adding some pax options as follows:
a) I want the target to inherit all source attributes:==> pax -rwE -pe -XCM
source target
b) I want the target to keep source attributes, except for ACLs (if an) which
should be set baset on the target environment's ACLs:==> pax -rwE -ppx -XCM
source target
I like to see what's been copied, therefore the -E option
And don't forget that you may need appropriate rights, depending on what you
intend to do. E.g. setting extended attributes (APF, program controlles,
sharelib) require access to BPX.FILEATTR.... profiles.
 copytree can be much lower than pax. Both are much slower that an IDCAMS
REPRO, which is my preferred option *if* the part being copied is contained in
a separate file system.

--
Peter Hunkeler