I'll cut/paste the text of the relevant slides.  My apologies if the formatting
stinks

Remote Browser Support
Remote Browser HMC 2.13.0 HMC 2.12.1 HMC 2.12.0
IE (Internet
Explorer)
Version 10 & 11 Version 8, 9, & 10 Version 8 & 9
Firefox Version 24.8 & 33 Version 17.5 & 21 Version 10
Google Chrome Version 38 Version 26 Version 20
● Remote Browser Workstation with JAVA 7.x or 8.x to HMC 2.13.0

Remote Browser Support (cont.)
 Using Java 8.x on remote workstation
►If connecting to HMC 2.13.0,
● Remote Browser connection will work
– no customization required
►If connection to HMC 2.12.1/earlier,
● Create Custom Java Policy on workstation
– See next chart

Remote Browser Support (cont.)
 Customization for Java 8.x on remote workstation to HMC 2.12.1
1) Create a custom java policy file in the users home directory
● Windows: Save as C:\Users\<username>\.java.policy
● Linux: Save as /home/<username>/.java.policy
● Replace <address> with the IP address or hostname of each HMC
● Contents
– grant codeBase "https://<address>/-" {
– permission java.awt.AWTPermission "accessClipboard";
– permission java.net.SocketPermission "<address>:9960", "connect,resolve";
– };
2) Add the following line to the Java deployment preferences file
● deployment.security.use.user.home.java.policy=true
● Windows:
● C:\Users\<username>\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\deployment.properties
● Linux: /home/<username>/.java/deployment/deployment.properties
3) Close/restart the browser
► Note: “accessClipboard” line for “Copy” on Operating System Messages
● Regardless of Java level on workstation
Dave Jousma
Assistant Vice President, Mainframe Engineering
david.jou...@53.com
1830 East Paris, Grand Rapids, MI  49546 MD RSCB2H
p 616.653.8429
f 616.653.2717