It depends on your objective. If the objective is to "bring the system 'up to RSU1509,'" then:

 SELECT(RSU*) with EXSRCID(all available RSUs later than RSU1509)

...is what you want. And, I'd hope that is the objective, rather than the alternative of installing "only what's in RSU1509 that is eligible for selection." As Kurt points out, RSU* is a better objective from our point of view.

Mainframe Mainframe wrote:
Hi,
       While apply RSU into SMPE, do we need to specify only that particular
RSU number in SOURCEID parm or we can use RSU* . For example

Currently in our z/OS system we RSU1403 and now we planning to apply
RSU1509 then in this case, in SOURCEID parameter what we should be
specifying

SOURCEID(RSU1509)  or SOURCEID(RSU*) .

--
John Eells