Professor Skip assumes that it will be done wrong--at least in execution.
Unless the design anticipates and properly handles all execution flubs, then
the design is wrong. What could go wrong?

-- A faulty command is issued. If the update is echoed to the control file, the
component (JES2 in this thread) might fail to come up or at least work properly
at IPL time.

-- A command is issued by an operator who may not even have READ access to JES2
parms, yet the content is written into the control file.

-- Two or more commands are issued in quick succession--maybe by different
people. What gets echoed to the control file?

If you take a poll of sysprogs on whether to implement this mechanism, I doubt
that many would be enthusiastic.

.
.
.