One response cited Wikipedia entry. ALSO good timing; I'm ALSO writing article on VSE community. As you'd expect, the VSE list has had a lot to say -- positive, negative, and informative.

I didn't post this query here because .... well, I just didn't, but I should have. Better late than never: I'm interested in VSE COMMUNITY (not technical) insights, experiences, etc.

As usual, be brief, this also won't be an epic article.

Here's my query to VSE list:

Now I'm starting a piece for Dz on the VSE community. While I've never
run VSE (I'm mostly a VMer with some OS background) for decades I've
seen VSE and this community (in many ways similar to VM and its
community!) ride the ups and downs of IBM interest and support. Through
all that, VSE fans have remained steadfast, involved with and committed
to their platform of choice.

So I'd like to hear from list members on what the VSE community means to
you, how it's evolved, what you've contributed to and received from it,
how your IBM interactions have changed, major IBM and customer
contributors to recognize, past and current resources (WAVV, VM/VSE
Workshop, etc.) and how you think and hope it will evolve.

Please copy me directly so replies aren't buried in the list digest.
I'll work on this soon, so I'll appreciate quick comments. This isn't a
technical article. Rather, it's about what makes this a community vs.
just a bunch of people running the same operating system.

Thanks...

Rick Troth ALSO said on IBM-Main: Where do you place VSE? (since it's not one of "the big two")

--
Gabriel Goldberg, Computers and Publishing, Inc.       g...@gabegold.com
3401 Silver Maple Place, Falls Church, VA 22042           (703) 204-0433