From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Walt Farrell
Sent: Thursday, 28 January 2016 6:11 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Need to find the DSN from where load module was loaded

On Wed, 27 Jan 2016 10:21:55 -0600, Support, DUNNIT SYSTEMS LTD.
<supp...@dunnitsys.com> wrote:

>Thank you for sending me the code. I haven't looked at it yet but I'll narrow
>down what I'm talking about:
>
>1. Environment is batch or ISPF. Check is during execution. Code is Assembler.
>2. Looking for origin DSN of program module which was loaded via LOAD macro.
>3. Loadlib can be in JOBLIB, STEPLIB or ISPF LIBDEF.
>4. There may be multiple loadlibs concatenated together in the DD allocation.

You still haven't said why you are doing this, and what you hope to accomplish
with the information. That may be important to getting the best answer.

For the general case, as far as I know, you cannot determine the answer with
certainty. For some specific cases of module access you may be able to
determine the answer with a fair degree of certainty, but probably not 100%
unless you are the owner of the code that loaded the module, and can guarantee
the environment that code is running in.

--
Walt