From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Tony Harminc
Sent: Thursday, January 28, 2016 12:37 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Need to find the DSN from where load module was loaded

On 28 January 2016 at 15:16, Paul Gilmartin
<0000000433f07816-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu> wrote:
> Description
>     The IDENTIFY macro is used to add an entry name to a copy of a load module
>     currently in virtual storage. The copy must be one of the following:
>
>     A copy that satisfied the requirements of a LOAD macro issued during the
>     execution of the current task.
>
>     The last load module given control, if control was passed to the load
> module
>     using a LINK, LINKX, ATTACH, ATTACHX, XCTL, or XCTLX macro.

Surely that's describing limitations on what you can add an entry point *to*. I
don't believe it puts any restrictions on the address for the entry name you
are adding, except perhaps that the new address may have to be compatible with
the current RMODE and/or AMODE. And of course you can't add an entry name that
duplicates one in LPA, etc.
etc. But surely it is not a requirement that your new EP be within the bounds
of the added-to module.