But the only way to "fix"an unusable RACF database is to have a fairly
recent backup copy of the RACF data base that can be restored.  I would
contend that is easier, and possibly safer, to do this from a fully
functional "one-drive" tech support emergency z/OS system accessing
production drives than to do it from a UADS-defined TSO user on a
crippled production system without RACF or with a known-damaged database
-- and there are so many other unanticipated problems such an emergency
system can address that it doesn't make sense to be without one.

If the only problem that can be solved by having a UADS-defined TSO user
can be better addressed by a "must have" alternative, why persist with
any UADS-defined TSO users once the alternative is available?
    Joel C. Ewing

--
Joel C. Ewing,    Bentonville, AR       jcew...@acm.org