From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Jim Mulder
Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2016 11:05 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: (External):Re: IPCS

> > What are the risks of giving [IPCS] access to developers?
>
> Mostly, you risk them learning and understanding more about our
> platform
> -- and post-mortem debugging -- than they did previously.
>
> IIRC, IPCS requires READ access to parmlib. If that's an issue, I
> believe it might be possible to create a stand-alone parmlib just for
> IPCS use.

  If the IPCSPARM ddname is allocated. that is what IPCS will use for accessing
parmlib members. If IPCSPARM is not allocated, IPCS will use the system's
parmlib concatenation.

  IPCS needs the parmlib members which IBM provides.  Typically, these are
found on the sysres volume in a data set named SYS1.IBM.PARMLIB (or some
similar name chosen by the systems programmer).

Jim Mulder   z/OS System Test   IBM Corp.  Poughkeepsie,  NY