From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Pew, Curtis G
Sent: Monday, March 07, 2016 9:40 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Does everybody use chargeback?

I’d wondered why SMT is turned off for CPs on the new z13 and z13s. I learned
at SHARE that it’s because CPU timing can’t be done as accurately when using
SMT, and since that could affect chargeback it’s not allowed. This is
interesting, because we’ve never done chargeback here at UT. I was wondering
how unusual this makes us. (I know we’re unusual in lots of ways, but I hadn’t
thought much about chargeback.) So just to satisfy my curiosity, how many of
y’all don’t do chargeback?