Relay #70.

-teD
  Original Message
From: John Ehrman
Sent: Friday, March 18, 2016 00:17
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Reply To: IBM Mainframe Discussion List
Subject: Re: Grace didn't coin the term "bug"?

The association of bugs with computers may go back to the Mark I (I think
it was) relay computer at Harvard. An error was traced to a moth between
two relay contacts.

In the Computer History Museum in Mountain View CA there's a copy of the
logbook page with the moth pasted in place. The display is near other
early computers like the Atanasoff=Berry machine, the Johnniac, a German
Enigma and examples of Konrad Zuse's work. If you're in Silicon Valley, I
urge you to visit; more info at computerhistory.org .

Regards... John