On 19/03/2016 1:56 AM, nitz-ibm wrote:
Hi Barbara,

I use Attachmate Extra also. Depending on what I am doing, I use mod 2 (24x80),
mod 3 (32x80), mod 4 (43x80), or mod 5 (24x132). It depends de on what I am
doing. I also have 12 sessions defined, some with different background colors
that I only use for one lpar. Open your session tab and you should be able to
set the model number for that session. Depending on your VTAM setup you may
also need to use the long longon format for example ~ LOG applid,S3270R4q

Since you are getting mod5, you should be able to at least get more lines on
your screen. The Attachmate Extra I have been using is very old.
Linda,

I went to Tom Brannons site and discovered that Vista3270 can be used on a
trial basis. Had to do some guessing as to the port to use (different on each
system), but I managed to connect to all systems I have to work with. Setting
the screen colours to a white background was easy (certainly easier than
customizing Attachmate). I showed off Vista3270 to my colleague(s), one of
which also downloaded and installed because he needs more lines than Attachmate
offers and a wide display. I also made them envious by showing them that the
mouse scroll wheel works on 3270! :-)

I have used the wheelkeys utility http://wheelkeys.soft112.com/ to map F7/F8 in Extra. Works great. It doesn't work in the newer Reflection.

Thanks to Tom Brannon!

Barbara