On 3/19/2016 6:35 PM, Clark Morris wrote:
On 19 Mar 2016 14:53:09 -0700, in bit.listserv.ibm-main you wrote:
This is what happens when a billionaire loses a court battle with IBM.
Can we expect this product to be the subject of a court battle if it
is successful in doing what it claims?  What are the medium to long
term implications for the z series?  The i and p series?

Haha! Good question! IBM has proven it will sue even without grounds or standing. The legality of zPrime appeared to be air-tight, based on how the IBM Customer Agreement was worded, but that didn't stop IBM from suing NEON anyway. (Of course, IBM later changed the ICA for new machines and for z/OS V2 to plug those loopholes.) I imagine they've taken additional precautions this time around ...

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc