From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of R.S.
Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2016 3:11 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: (External):Re: What happens with no working SE?

No SE at all means your z/OS (or any other) system is still working, but no HW
changes are possible, no IPL, many HW command will fail, etc. Deep sh*t.

One of two SE failed means you can peform everything you want, including STP.
Maybe STP setup would be impossible (I haven't checked), but I'd bet it is also
possible.
I've been working with single SE (primary failed) for some time. It wasn't my
dream, but I could live with it.

--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland