Frank,

I added CASE(MIXED) but got the same result

IEW2278I B352 INVOCATION PARAMETERS -
LIST(NOIMP),AMODE=31,MAP,RENT,DYNAM(DLL),CASE(MIXED)
IEW2322I 1220  1    INCLUDE    '/u/Java6_31/J6.0/bin/j9vm/libjvm.x'
IEW2322I 1220  160    INCLUDE OBJECT
IEW2322I 1220  161    NAME    CALLJAVA(R)
IEW2456E 9207 SYMBOL JNI_CreateJavaVM UNRESOLVED.  MEMBER COULD NOT BE INCLUDED
 FROM THE DESIGNATED CALL LIBRARY.

I looked at the file and it didn't seem to contain any line endings.  But this
statement is in the file

 IMPORT CODE,'libjvm.so','JNI_CreateJavaVM'

Here's a complete list of my active binder options

 ALIASES             NO
 ALIGN2              NO
 AMODE                31
 CALL                YES