On Thu, 28 Apr 2016 12:28:58 -0500, Mike Schwab wrote:

>I would think this would apply to a discrete authorization, without an
>ending .**.
>I. E. authorize DATA.SET.NAME instead of DATA.SET.NAME.**
>Define DS(DATA.SET.NAME) would fail because of no authorization for
>DATA.SET.NAME.DATA (optional DATA.SET.NAME.INDEX, DATA.SET.NAME.PATH,
>etc) .

I think that what Gil is suggesting is something like this:

My userid is TOM. My colleague FRED has a data set that I don't have access
to, but I want access.
I create an alias for TOM.FRED.DATA.SET and relate it to FRED.DATA.SET. FRED
and TOM are both cataloged in the same user catalog.
Now the change in behavior gives me full access to FRED.DATA.SET through
because I own TOM.

--
Tom Marchant