These are 'system' jobs that are running with higher security. Most are nightly to stop some regions for nightly processes.

Tony Thigpen

Jeremy Nicoll wrote on 05/16/2016 12:19 PM:
On Mon, 16 May 2016, at 17:03, Itschak Mugzach wrote:
Tony. You may already seen that the //comand1 is not a dd nor exe jcl
card.
It is a jcl command statement and has nothing to do with the job steps.
Jcl
commands and jes /* commands are executed at conversion tome independed
with the job status. They are executed even if the job will never run.

As others explained, u can use tso console command and even verify
response. This way u can use a single jobstep.

Quite a few years ago, we used steps which issued a WTOR asking for
something to be done, and
either - even longer ago - real operators then did it, or more recently
AOC would issue the command
PROVIDED THE JOB ASKING FOR IT WAS ALLOWED TO DO IT and then reply to
the WTOR.

Generally I discouraged people from coding actual commands in the WTOR
text, and made the AOC
code NOT execute the arbitrary contents of the WTOR as a command.  So we
end up with, if you like,
plain text requests "PLEASE DO SOMETHING OR OTHER" and translated them
into the actual
command or commands required.

I can't imagine working in a site that would allow any job to issue any
arbitrary command!