VTOCIX is the index -- required for SMS, along with the VVDS. The VTOC is
unnamed.

-teD
  Original Message
From: michelbutz
Sent: Tuesday, May 3, 2016 11:29
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Reply To: IBM Mainframe Discussion List
Subject: Dataset space information

Hi

I need to obtain dataset space information

I have been looking at the DFSMS advanced services and there seems like a few
away of going about this

The OBTAIN and camlist seems like the easiest
As all it needs is a dataset name and volser

The CVAF macros seems like the must current
But I would need to get (if I am using for instance)
CVAFDIR the DEB of the VTOC

BTW is the VTOC dataset name SYS1.VTOCIX. (Volser) ?

I guess that would mean allocating and opening it

Any suggestions ?

Sent from my iPhone