From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Lizette Koehler
Sent: Friday, May 27, 2016 7:45 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: TSO receive on MultiVolume PS error

Peter,

I have only seen BLKSIZE=3120 in the IBM Documentation for TSO XMIT.

OUTDDNAME(ddname) | OUTFILE(ddname)
    specifies the use of a preallocated file as the output data set for the
TRANSMIT command. No data is written to SYSOUT for transmission and the system
limit on the number of records that can be transmitted does not apply. TSO/E
assigns the DCB attributes as LRECL=80, BLKSIZE=3120, and RECFM=FB. Specify the
ddname as either a sequential data set or a member of a partitioned data set.

    Use OUTDDNAME or OUTFILE in conjunction with the INDDNAME or INFILE operand
of the RECEIVE command. OUTDDNAME and OUTFILE are primarily intended for system
programmer use.
OUTDSNAME(dsname) | OUTDATASET(dsname)
    specifies the use of a data set as the output data set for the TRANSMIT
command. No data is written to SYSOUT for transmission and the system limit on
the number of records that can be transmitted does not apply. TSO/E assigns the
DCB attributes as LRECL=80, BLKSIZE=3120, and RECFM=FB. The data set must be a
sequential data set.

And I agree that 27920 is better.  But I have not seen any doc from IBM stating
it was good for XMIT.  If you have clarifying documentation, could you share?

It is possible that IBM's doc needs an update.  But at this time for the z/OS
V2.1 on Knowledge Center, I am not finding it.  If SDB (System Determined
Blksize) or a specification of 80x could be used, this might need an Doc Update
to include that.

Lizette

you are not the named addressee you must not disseminate, distribute or copy
this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have
received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you
are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying,
information is strictly prohibited.