On 6/2/2016 8:42 AM, Jerry Callen wrote:

Yes, that's clear. What always gets my knickers twisted is when you can RESET
the ECB and be sure you don't lose an event.

If you always reset the ECB immediately after waking up, and before you start checking your work queues, you should never have a problem. For example (pseudo code using IBM's standard HLASM SPMs - which we use):

     DO INF,LABEL=Main             Do for work
       WAIT on ECB                   Wait for work
       reset the ECB                 Reset the ECB
       DO INF                        Do for requests
         pull request from queue       Pull request from queue
         DOEXIT if no more requests    Exit if no more requests
         DOEXIT if terminate request,  Exit if shutdown request
                DO=Main                ..
         .
         . Invoke proper work handler  Call proper work handler
         .
       ENDDO ,                       EndDo for requests
     ENDDO , LABEL=Main            EndDo for work

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc