*If you’re talking about OSA-ICC consoles, then the physical port can be
shared between LPARs, and two LPARs can have the same device numbers
sharing that port, but they are still unique logical devices and have
different TN3270 LU names*

For every device , there has to be a UCW in HSA . If the ports can be
shared between lpars , how are they going to be physically different ?

Agree that they are unique logical devices (UCB ) on each LPAR . But that
doesn't mean they have to be physically different .

For shared devices , can't they have different UCB's per OS  , but map to
the same UCW  in HSA ?

Linda