I didn't see this whole thread, so I don't know how much of this applies (to
anything), but wouldn't the TSO submit exit be where you could check to see
where the data being submitted came from and put it out as a SYSLOG entry or
insert a comment into the submitted JCL?  You can do that from Com-PLETE and
CICS as well.  When I was at PRC in Virginia many years ago, we had a
COM-PLETE, CICS (although the program to submit was home grown as well) and a
TSO exit (IKJEFF10 I believe) that put out a hardcopy message that was
something like "submitted by name, from DSN at Terminal" where the DSN would
sometimes be only the PDS name, not the actual member.  I remember fixing that
problem, but can't remember what caused it.  I can't believe that TSO has
changed that much to where it's no longer possible to do that.

Brian