On Sun, 12 Jun 2016 13:32:27 -0400, Scott Ford wrote:

>I need some assistance in troubleshooting a codepage issue .
>I have a server sending ascii data using codepage 850 to another server
>running codepage 437. Then the message is sent to z/OS ..The character in
>question is a '~' which is x'7E'..I looked at both character maps and since
>x'7E' is a ascii 126 will this character not be translated from server to
>server ? If so we use codepage 037 to convert ascii to ebcdic ...We are
>actually seeing the tilde on z/OS..

Aaaarrrgggh!

(But is the tilde (what code point in what CCSID?) not what you want?)

Can you do *all* the transfers in binary until you get to z/OS, then use iconv
for the final conversion?

Principle of minal munging: that would get you a pristine copy on z/OS that
you can inspect/dump/experiment with and control the final conversion

And you'll still have the <CR><LF> nuisance to deal with.

All I know is what I can read on:

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSAL2T_8.1.0/com.ibm.cics.tx.doc/reference/r_code_pg_sprt.html

-- gil