On Sun, 12 Jun 2016 19:54:45 -0400, Scott Ford wrote:

>That would interesting if a 'DD SYSOUT' could do it, hmmm, I think the
>issue I saw was related to an older PC code page, my guts keep telling
>this. Guys, I appreciate what you said I want to dig a tad I know there are
>Unicode APIs ...

Alas,  IEFC009I; SYSOUT and CCSID are mutex.  CCSID=1208 is tolerated
for DASD, but IIRC I was told it's effective only on tape.  IBM's minimalist
practice: probably an RFE mentioned tape, and IBM didn't see fit to make
the facility generally available.  Would have been the same code in a different
layer (unless it's done in the control unit).

-- gil