Elardus

The user said that she did a HDEL besides the dsn.  I did a HLIST however it
was unsuccessful.

I am looking at the suggestion posted earlier about the doc to recover a
deleted ML2 dsn.

On Mon, 6/20/16, Elardus Engelbrecht <elardus.engelbre...@sita.co.za> wrote:

 Subject: Re: DFHSM QUESTION - RECOVER DSN FROM ML2 VOLUME
 To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU

 willie bunter wrote:

 >I am checking the journal file hoping to find any trace
 of the dsn.  I don't have a backup of the dsn that is
 why I am trying to find the ML2 volser.

 Urrrrrggghhhh. I feel your pain. As a previous Storage Admin
 I had to handle those pain.

 >I cannot issue the HRECALL because the dsn doesn't
 exist.  The same reason I cannot issue the HRECOVER
 because there is no backup.

 Ok. Let us go back. Did you ever issued the HLIST command as
 kindly suggested by Lizette?

 If so, then I retract my question. Sorry for being
 bothersome.

 Please show us HOW that dataset was deleted (Post JCL +
 messages confirming that action).

 Perhaps it was just uncataloged / renamed or such? (SMF
 audit trails could help you there)

 Or use ISMF to scan your volsers to see if there is a
 [uncataloged] copy lurking somewhere...

 Perhaps you can scan your tape management system to see if
 there is a copy sitting somewhere?

 Or do you have any Peer-to-Peer Remote Copy [1] or similar
 technology? Perhaps there is a version sitting on your
 remote site?

 Groete / Greetings
 Elardus Engelbrecht

 [1] - I know that any actions are immediately duplicated to
 remote, but perhaps the line was hopefully down or
 something?

 For IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access
 instructions,
 send email to lists...@listserv.ua.edu
 with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN