---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Scott Ford <idfzos...@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Sep 10, 2016 at 1:12 PM
Subject: System Automation Question
To: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@listserv.ua.edu>

All:

We have multiple z/OS images running in AWS ( Amazon ) and I have a
question. We have a set of CI (Continuous Integration)  z/OS machines
and a set of QA z/OS machines. We develop on our sandbox and then have to
move the loadlibs to the other mentioned systems. The catch is that
we have to be able to shutdown two STCs that we work with, because the
libraries need to be refreshed. I was thinking about doing this:

1.  FTP a JOB with a program that can issue 'F ( modify ) commands to the
STCs',
2.  When Item #1 is done, send the new loadlibs
3.  Receive the new loadlibs on th destination machine
4.  FTP a JOB to Start the STC.

Am i being realistic in this scenario ?  or is there an easier way ?

Scott