I don't think an 'interim' data set will solve the problem.

DSN(A) --> DSN(B) --> DSN(C)

Whether DSN(B) belongs to SYSA or SYSC, there is still the same problem of
crossing sysplex boundaries on one copy or the other.

The transfer needs to be 'DSN free'. Something like FTP or XMIT/RECEIVE or
Connect:Direct straight from SYSA to SYSC. Or maybe BDT if anyone still uses
it. The bottom line is that the concurrent sharing of PDSE load (program
object) libraries across sysplex boundaries is deadly. I see this as the
biggest obstacle for those shops that historically share PO load libraries
across boundaries: the entire migration/promotion process has to be
reconstructed before COBOL V5+ is implemented.

.
.
J.O.Skip Robinson
Southern California Edison Company