NaN in computing is pronounced, right? My rule of thu... mouth I suppose, is if
it can be pronounced, pronounce it, otherwise say the letters but with no gaps
in between. Emveeess vs Em-vee-ess.

1970's training video, American guy with hairstyle which made his head look
like a triangle, studiously pronouncing each individual letter, D-O-S J-C-L,
with alternating minor waggles of his head at each letter. Not enough time in
the world for that.

In Portuguese, and allowing for my phonetics for the second, sicks and
dehbehdoish (CICS, DB2).